*** News Flashes ****
- As more people are returning to Church Sunday 9th August will be our last live stream via Zoom service
- Sunday 16th August will be Bishop Rob's last Sunday
- The School's car parking area is being resurfaced and will not be available for Church use while the work is being carried out
Welcome back to St John's Church
Public Worship resumed on Sunday 12th July 2020 at 10:00am and will initially continue weekly thereafter, subject of course to ongoing government advice.
We are delighted to announce that Public Worship resumed at St John’s on Sunday, 12th July 2020, with a Communion Service at 10am and is planned to be a weekly service thereafter. Please floor the guidance that will be given throughout the service. We are not presently allowed to sing in Church although Chris Wilson, our Organist, will be playing appropriate music during the service.
In order to re-open for Public Worship we have to comply with the requirements of both the UK Government and The Church of England and these will be followed throughout. These include:-
· hand sanitising on entry using the dispenser provided;
· please go straight to the seat indicated to you by the Stewards and remain there until invited to do otherwise;
· Social Distancing - as far as possible at “1 metre plus” with single use face masks available for those without face coverings and the chairs will be set out to facilitate this;
· a one way system for entry to and exit from the church with entry by the Main West Door and exit up the front slope through the Atkinson Screen and out down the outside slope. The side door will be also available for wheelchair users who should make themselves known to the stewards at the main door on arrival.
· during the distribution of Communion the Bishop will come to you so please stay in your seat. Unfortunately we are only able to offer the sacramental bread;
· at the end of the service you are asked to vacate the church swiftly whilst maintaining proper Social Distancing;
The church doors will be open from 9:30am and remain open during the service. On arrival you will be asked for your contact details in case they are needed by the Contact Tracing Team.
The Disabled Toilet will be open. The Ladies and Gents toilets will be closed.
Sadly, we are not yet allowed to provide refreshments.
In order to allow those who feel that they cannot attend church to join in this worship are broadcasting the service on a live stream via a Zoom meeting. This will be recorded and, along with the music and voices of the Choristers of St Martin in the Fields, London for the hymns, will become the service that will subsequently be accessible for our Church members and friends. Initially Janine will be the camera operator so please let her know before the service starts if you would prefer not to be seen in the video.
At present we regret that we are only able to offer this one service a week.
Please contact Lawrence for access details to the live Zoom service and also for the YouTube link to the recorded videos.
2:45pm - 7th August 2020