*** News Flashes ****
- Revd Evan McWilliams joined us last Sunday for his first service with us, at the start of his four months placement with us during which time he will be assisting with the delivery of Ministry and Pastoral Support alongside Revd Pat, our Honorary Assistant Priest. Click here for the link to the video of Sunday's service
- Click here for images from Bishop Rob & Janine's final service with us.
Welcome back to Worship St John's Church
Public Worship resumed on Sunday 12th July 2020 at 10:00am and will initially continue weekly thereafter, subject of course to ongoing government advice. For the health and safety of all we ask that you please comply within the following guidelines.
We are delighted to announce that Public Worship resumed at St John’s on Sunday, 12th July 2020, with a Communion Service at 10am and is planned to be a weekly service thereafter. Please follow the guidance that will be given throughout the service. We are not presently allowed to sing in Church although an Organist will be playing appropriate music during the service.
In order to re-open for Public Worship we have to comply with the requirements of both the UK Government and The Church of England and these will be followed throughout. These include:-
· with the exception of the priest while leading worship, and those reading scripture or leading intercessions, face coverings must be worn in Church at all times (single use face masks available for those without face coverings);
· please hand sanitise on entry using the dispenser provided;
· please go straight to the seat indicated to you by the Stewards and remain there until invited to do otherwise;
· please maintain Social Distancing at all times at “1 metre plus” and the chairs will be set out to facilitate this;
· please follow the one way system for entry to and exit from the church with entry by the Main West Door and exit up the front slope through the Atkinson Screen and out down the outside slope. The side door will be also available for entry by wheelchair users who should make themselves known to the stewards at the main door on arrival.
· the procedure for the distribution of Communion will be explained by the Minister will come to you so please stay in your seat. Unfortunately we are only allowed to offer you the sacramental bread;
· at the end of the service you are asked to vacate the church swiftly whilst maintaining proper Social Distancing;
The church doors will be open from 9:30am and remain open during the service. On arrival you will be asked for your contact details in case they are needed by the Contact Tracing Team.
The Disabled Toilet will be open. The Ladies and Gents toilets will be closed.
Sadly, we are not yet allowed to provide refreshments.
We regret that we can no longer provide live streamed internet access to our weekly service.
At present we regret that we are only able to offer this one service a week.
Please contact Lawrence for access details for our YouTube channel with links all our videos recorded throughout lockdown and during in Church following the return to worshipping in this new 'Socially Distanced' way in Church.
Page published at 10:20pm on 19th September 2020