***** News Flash *****
Welcome back to St John's Church
Public Worship will resume on Sunday 12th July 2020 at 10:00am
We are delighted to announce that Public Worship will resume at St John’s this Sunday, 12th July 2020, with a Communion Service at 10am. The service will be led by Bishop Rob and our preacher will be the Revd Pat Willson. Bishop Rob will be giving clear guidance throughout the service. We are not presently allowed to sing in Church although Chris Wilson, our Organist, will be playing appropriate music during the service.
In order to re-open for Public Worship we have to comply with the requirements of both the UK Government and The Church of England and these will be followed throughout. These include:-
· hand sanitising on entry using the dispenser provided;
· please go straight to the seat indicated to you by the Stewards and remain there until invited to do otherwise;
· Social Distancing - as far as possible at “1 metre plus” with single use face masks available for those without face coverings and the chairs will be set out to facilitate this;
· a one way system for entry to and exit from the church with entry by the Main West Door and exit up the front slope through the Atkinson Screen and out down the outside slope. The side door will be available for wheelchair users who should make themselves known to the stewards at the main door on arrival.
· during the distribution of Communion the Bishop will come to you so please stay in your seat. Unfortunately we are only able to offer the sacramental bread;
· at the end of the service you are asked to vacate the church swiftly whilst maintaining proper Social Distancing;
The church doors will be open from 9:30am and remain open during the service. On arrival you will be asked for your contact details in case they are needed by the Contact Tracing Team.
The Disabled Toilet will be open. The Ladies and Gents toilets will be closed.
Sadly, we are not yet allowed to provide refreshments.
In order to allow those who feel that they cannot attend church to join in this worship we plan to broadcast the service on a live stream via a Zoom meeting. This will be recorded and become the service that will subsequently be accessible from the St John’s website. Janine will be the camera operator so please let her know before the service starts if you would prefer not to be seen in the video.
At present we regret that we are only able to offer this one service a week.
Please contact Lawrence for access details to the Zoom service