St John's Spalding

Our Facilities click here to email with booking enquiries

The Church - Our church nave area was modernised in 2015 with the removal of the fixed pine pews and the laying of a new Beech Timber Floor along with electrical re-wiring, the installation of a new heating system, a new LED lighting system along with a modern multi screen AV system.  The pews were replaced by 150 Treske  oak chairs and 200 light, stackable Alpha chairs.  We also added 28 Gopak folding tables.  this has given us a totally flexible space which we are happy to make available for use by the local community.  The area beyond the Chancel Wall has retained its traditional Choir and High Altar layout with the Reredos and Altar restored to their original 1875 state.

The Lady Chapel - Our Lady Chapel is accessed from both the church and the south porch and provides a quiet and private space for personal prayer and contemplation.  It is also used for services with a small congregation.

The Langford Room - This room is named in memory of Peter Langford, whose generosity enabled our reordering project to be implemented.  This is a multi-purpose room which is used as a meeting room, the choir vestry and the parish office. 

The Church Lounge - The Church Lounge, Kitchen and Toilets were added in 1991.  The Lounge is available for hire and is presently used by the local church for meetings and training sessions, the Rainbows and the Brownies, WI, TG, The Local History Group and many other groups and organisations. 

Follow the links on the left to see pictures of our facilities